June 10, 2012

Leeds Baby's Shocking Death

Precipitated into Boiling Water.
    Another scalding accident was reported in Leeds to-day, the victim being a little girl named Ida Worsnop, aged 11 months, who lived at 16, Malmesbury Street, Amberley Road, Wortley.
    It appeared that the child was placed in a chair which overbalanced, with the result that the infant was precipitated into some boiling water.
    Medical assistance was speedily obtained, but the baby died a few hours later.  (Yorkshire Evening Post, January 21st, 1903)

No comments:

Post a Comment